Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

It isn't scanning the entire page. It also makes me open up…

Customer Question
It isn't scanning the...

It isn't scanning the entire page. It also makes me open up the printer on the computer to scan. It doesn't recognize the wi-fi. The printer recognizes when I want to print though

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No it doesn't do anything when I push scan

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Haven't

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, Thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/3/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, just got back will do.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Sure, and please mention the model number of your printer/scanner.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It didn't work. It still says it is processing then just stops
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Please mention the model number of your printer/scanner.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cannon MX882
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Please wait.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago
  • Make sure the printer is turned off.
  • Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
  • Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
  • Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  • Release the Power button.
  • Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action
  • Turn off the printer and then turn it on again
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got it.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing happens like you said. The light only flashes yellow
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, kindly connect a usb cable from the computer to the printer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Connect or disconnect
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Connect a cable.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Connected
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Lets us setup the Wireless connection first.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago
  1. Press the Setup button
  2. Use the or button to select Wireless LAN setup, then.
  3. Select Easy setup, and then press the OK button.
  4. Select Yes, then press the OK button.
  5. Select the access point name, then press the OK button.
  6. Follow the instructions to complete the setup.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Completed
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Now try to scan and let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It does the same thing. It starts loading for about 15 seconds and then just stops and goes back to being ready
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It connects to the computer to print just not scanning
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Can I troubleshoot with this issue remotely?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's allright..At the rate we are going I could go buy a new one. Thanks Suhasini!! I am out of time.. Joe
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

If you do not wish to utilize our services, you can Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help to request a refund.
Thank you so much for your time and I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

John, Computer Science Engineer