Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It isn't scanning the entire page. It also makes me open up…

Customer Question
It isn't scanning the...

It isn't scanning the entire page. It also makes me open up the printer on the computer to scan. It doesn't recognize the wi-fi. The printer recognizes when I want to print though

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No it doesn't do anything when I push scan

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Haven't

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, Thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/3/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Hi, just got back will do.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Sure, and please mention the model number of your printer/scanner.

It didn't work. It still says it is processing then just stops
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Please mention the model number of your printer/scanner.

Cannon MX882
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Please wait.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
  • Make sure the printer is turned off.
  • Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
  • Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
  • Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  • Release the Power button.
  • Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action
  • Turn off the printer and then turn it on again
Got it.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Let me know what happens.

nothing happens like you said. The light only flashes yellow
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, kindly connect a usb cable from the computer to the printer.

Connect or disconnect
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Connect a cable.

Connected
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Lets us setup the Wireless connection first.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
  1. Press the Setup button
  2. Use the or button to select Wireless LAN setup, then.
  3. Select Easy setup, and then press the OK button.
  4. Select Yes, then press the OK button.
  5. Select the access point name, then press the OK button.
  6. Follow the instructions to complete the setup.
Completed
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Now try to scan and let me know what happens.

It does the same thing. It starts loading for about 15 seconds and then just stops and goes back to being ready
It connects to the computer to print just not scanning
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Can I troubleshoot with this issue remotely?

That's allright..At the rate we are going I could go buy a new one. Thanks Suhasini!! I am out of time.. Joe
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

If you do not wish to utilize our services, you can Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help to request a refund.
Thank you so much for your time and I wish you have an awesome day ahead!