Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a cannon Series E401 and I can't connect it to…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a cannon Series E401 and I can't connect it to my HP laptop> I keep getting an error message that the USB cable on my printer is old and not compatible with the USB 3.0 port on my Hewlett Pacaerd laptop???

Technician's Assistant: Is your Canon printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

It is not communicating at all with my laptop even after I installed the cd rom start up disc

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never ! Why should I have to do? that according to HP technician it should automatically do that As soon as I plugged it into my laptop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes ! is the cannon series E401 compatible with my HP lap top both are brean new my laptop and my cannon printer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/3/2018
Technician: Kamil Anwar, Technician replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Technician

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Did you updated windows recently?