Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I changed carriers and now my HP Printer 5740 62 XL will not…

Customer Question
I changed carriers and...

I changed carriers and now my HP Printer 5740 62 XL will not to my computer. Can you please help?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Mac by Apple

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 5740?

Since installation of new phone carrier.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your model

I am technology challenged. OS on printer or computer and how do I do this, please?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No and thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when will you help me?
1/3/2018
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 1 month ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of macOS are you using on your Mac? You can find it from Apple> About This Mac

Sorry, the payment for remote has failed. So I will help you here.

We need to connect the printer to your new WiFi network and then add it back to your Mac.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
  2. On the printer control panel, select the Wireless icon.
    The Wireless Summary screen appears.
  3. Select Settings, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard. (Tap Wireless Settings if you see that)
  4. Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your new wireless network.

Now on your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. You will see your printer name there. Select it and delete it by pressing the minus button at bottom left. After deleting it, click + button.

Don't add it if it appear under Nearby Printers. Instead click Add Printer. From the resulting screen, select your printer name and wait 10 seconds. Then select HP software under Use if Secure Air Print or Air Print is selected. That will add it to your Mac with new WiFi address.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you call me and talk me through. 405/944-0200. I have 3 printer that are listed. All 3 listed are the same printer. I do not know how to click button
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Whoops. Phone number is(###) ###-####

Select the printer name with the Kind showing Bonjour Mulitfunction or Multifunction.

If you don't see that, then tell me what is showing on "Kind" column on each name

Ashik, Technician