Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannon mx850 scanner unit can it come off or open a litte…

Customer Question
Michelle cannon mx850 scanner...

Michelle cannon mx850 scanner unit can it come off or open a litte more so that I can clean the white and small black piece and get rid of that 6a00 error

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Dell inspiron 531

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX850?

1 month ago I clean it before and did a big duplex job after ...and everything was fix ...but the error came back and those black and white pieces got alot of ink ...But it really hard to get to that area without more space...I like to lift the support cover higher so that I can see those pieces to clean

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No...I just like to have a little more space to clean and get rid of the error

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Tech...I can fix the problem but I want to either remove or extend the whole cannon mx850 scanner unit so that I can clean that area without losing those two pieces inside the printer if pieces fall inside the mx850...There is a latch that hold up the scanner or the whole cover ...but it stop and big hand can have problem...also it really made for someone whole left hand...lol
be right back...getting something to snack on...5 min
This is a great example of what I am trying to fix...but want to extend or remove the scanner/control panel/ support cover
...
http://cityinfrastructure.com/single.php?o=Image&t=Canon%20Error%20Code%206A00%3Cbr%20/%3EPrinter%20Repair&d=CanonPrinterRepair
Hey anyone there ?
1/3/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I need help...I am at work and not near my cannon mx850 . I just hope you can guide me or help with info to open the whole cover so that I can remove and veiw that area better so that I can clean the white and black piece. Also is there a reset info's for errors for the cannon mx850. I really...really like to keep this printer!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, there isn't a user guide for taking apart the printer to repair it yourself.

The printer is around 10 years old and you can buy a new printer for around $50.

Harry if you are a Tech I am sure you should know how to take off the top . I am a little bit dissappointed that I waited
and charge(16+ hour) for something I already knew...Please dig a little deep and find out if that cover can open higher or be remove. I send you a webite that may help...I am not happy

You're correct -- If I was in front of the printer, I could locate where the points are that I can remove but unfortunately, we deal with hundreds of different models so it would be impossible to know all of them off the top of our head. I cannot locate any manual that shows how to completely remove the cover since that is not a usual request from an end user.

Ok...not happy with service

I am sorry to hear that

I like to know ...How much am I going to be charge for your service?

I do not handle pricing.

You can call customer service at 1-***-***-****

Technician: Josh, Technician replied 3 months ago
Josh, Technician

Did you call customer service regarding the pricing?

I am Ok with the pricing..I want a new tech who have time to tell or show me the points to either open or extend the CANNON MX850 printer document/scanner/control panel COVER so that I can fix error 6a00...I am at work so time a little...Just need a 2nd opinion with a confident tech who want to help me TRY AND SAVE MY PRINTER!!!!!...LOL

Unfortunately, there isn't a manual or guide to show you how to take apart that model printer.

The printer is around 10 years old and rarely would anyone try to repair the printer rather than buying a new one for $50.

John, Computer Science Engineer