Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I put in a new Lexmark 200 Cyan print cartridge and my Pro…

Customer Question
I put in a...

I put in a new Lexmark 200 Cyan print cartridge and my Pro 5500 gives me an error message "Cartridge Unsupported". Its Lexmark's product.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Lexmark printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I thought it does that automatically.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes after waiting one hour on the phone this time and 45 minutes before the holiday I don't like their service.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/3/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

what is your answer?
The new Lexmark Cyan cartridge is not accepted by the printer. Message: (Cartridge Unsupported)
Never had that happen in the years I have used this printer.
What do I do?

Please remove all of the ink cartridges then insert them back firmly into the carriage and close the lid

Now,

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?r

same message Cyan cartridge Unsupported.

How old is the printer?

I guess 3-5 years old

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Can Lexmark fix the error?

No, it is an internal failure.

How can I contact Lexmark with less than and hour wait on the phone.

I can only provide you with their number -- I cannot guarantee how long it will be unfortunately.

Their number is *****

You can't fix it?

I assume there is no charge for this unfortunate advice.But thank you for answering me with less than 2 hour wait.
Are you with Lexmark?

This is a paid service; not a free service.