Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

We are not able to print using the matte black cartridge…

Customer Question
We are not able...

We are not able to print using the matte black cartridge that was just replaced. We've cleaned everything. it's a new printer. first time changing a cartridge. it keeps saying it's switching to the photo black, then nothing prints. Epson p800

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your P800?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

We weren't getting a message...it was just that the image indicating the levels didn't even show the matte black

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Then we got it switch to matte black on the printer, but when we actually pressed print, it automatically switched to photo black again.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/2/2018
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 1 month ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hi, I am John, welcome to JustAnswer.com

Please clean the printhead of the printer following the procedure found here ===> https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/r800__/r800__rf/check_3.htm#cleaning the print head a

Please remember I don't work for the manufacturer, so please do not leave me a negative feedback if you are not happy with them.

A good feedback is appreciated, that's the only way for me to get paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again.

Also, please click REPLY if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

JOHN

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have already dhad me that step
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Done that step *

OK, are you using a genuine Epson cartridge, or generic/refilled one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Genuine
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i do need help still. it isn't resolved.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have already cleaned the heads. i'm contacting you from a different computer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Gello
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello

How old is the printer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A few months old

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement.

The good news is that it is under warranty and it can be repaired/replaced. Please call Epson at (562) 276-4322 to start the warranty repair process.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer