Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need to get my brother printer MFC-J885DW connected. I had…

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get my brother printer MFC-J885DW connected. I had to have the xfinity Comcast modem changed Saturday for my MacBookPro. I have Wifi connection again and can get email. When I try to Print from desktop, I get a message that the printer is not connected. I hav no idea how to connect it.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MFC-J885DW: wirelessly or by USB?

I think it is wireless. I have no idea how it was connected when it was new.

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know. I purchased the printer June 4th 2017 T Staples in Pittsburgh, PA

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

ON THE PRINTER

click the wifi icon

then click wlan assistant

then follow the prompts to hooking the printer up to the new wifi router

once that is done you can go to the computer and in the devices and printers folder

remove the old printer

hit the add printer button

it will search for the printer find it on the network and you can hit next next to add it

i would be happy to speak with you on the phone and help you set it up through remote access but your payment failed. you might have to speak with our customer support or your credit card company

Why do I have to add more? Bank of America called to want me that this may be a fraud.

because if you want to speak directly on the phone and/or have me remote into your computer that is an extra premium service

if you just want to go back and forth through this chat there is no additional charge

i just ask that you please give me an excellent rating when you are satisfied