Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just replaced all the caritridges on my printer. The

Customer Question
I just replaced all...

I just replaced all the caritridges on my printer. The colors are fine, but the black isn't working. On the print quality diagnostic what should be black is a brown.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

No

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

New

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/2/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your printer?

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
HP Photosmart5520
No it won't copy

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
I cleaned the print heads as instructed, still no black. I checked the expiration date on the box and it is Jun 2019

Please try cleaning the printhead two or three times by following the instructions in the link below(Step :10).

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-5520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5157533/model/5157535/document/c03955472

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Still no black

It seems that the issue is with the printhead of the printer. Replacing the printhead will cost you more for repair.

Another suggestion is to try replacing all the cartridges at the same time,with new one.

If the printer is too old, I would suggest you get a new printer instead.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I have all new cartridges

If so, the issue is with the printhead itself. Replacing the printhead will cost you more for repair. However, i would suggest you contact a printer repair shop and inquire the cost to repair it. If the printer is too old, I would suggest you get a new printer instead.

Thank you.

Customer/p>