Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I was prompted to replace my Cartridges in my Epson XP830…

Customer Question
I was prompted to...

I was prompted to replace my Cartridges in my Epson XP830 printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

My Dell laptop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP830?

I printed something last week and on Sunday the request to chnge the printer Cartridges poped up on the printer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I replaced both 410XL and the 410

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Black

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
we updated to Windows 10 in October and have had no issue with printing until yesterday
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 6 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try cleaning the printhead two times by following the instructions in the link below.

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd42851/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/xp830/cleaning_head_lcd_xp830.html

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
did not work, followed instructions to maintenance mode and as soon as I hit start the replace cartridge alarm comes on. I will throw this Epson XP830 printer in the garbage and buy an HP printer.

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
no thank you, ***** ***** done with EPSON printers.

I would suggest you try the above instructions too. Thank you for your time.

Thank you.

Customer/p>