Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I don't know what my computer password is!! I'm trying to…

Customer Question
Hi! I don't know...

Hi! I don't know what my computer password *****!! I'm trying to set up my new wireless printer and it asks for my computer password ***** apparently it isn't my Apple password! Please help me!!

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless, but I tried USP as well

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Im trying to do this now, its a brand new printer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

When it keeps asking me for my password ***** move forward , it gives me a a hint related to the retailer from where I purchased my iMac desktop

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/2/2018
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the printer?

its and iMac desktop
its an iMac desktop, what else do you need to know?

As per my understanding that you are unable to setup the printer, is it right?

correct, printer is HP. Computer is 21.5 inch late 2013 Mac OS Sierra

Can I have the HP printer model number?

HP Officejet Pro 6978
My issue is that I was in the process of hooking my computer up with the wireless printer and at one point it keeps asking me for my computer password, not my Apple password. I have no idea what the computer password ***** ***** have made many attempts with other possible passwords I may have used in the past however, none work but It give me a hint referring to the retailer where I purchased my iMac.
Hello, I am loosing patience and time. I need to be up very early in the morning, can we resume this another time?

I am really sorry for delay. Inorder to the connect the printer to the wifi network please follow the steps first in the printer

1. Turn on the printer
  2. Press the home button in the printer.
  3. Press the setup
  4. Press Network setup
  5. Select Wireless settings
  6. Choose an option which say Wireless setup wizard(Once you see wifi name )
  7. Select the wifi name and enter the WiFi password.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know.

Will I be getting a refund for the $5.00 I just paid with my card?? Perhaps you can call me or someone can tomorrow afternoon or evening please??!!
ok

As you stated that you are unable to login to the Mac computer, In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Thank You but never mind I will have to deal with this another time by phone. Thank You.
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem if you still need assistance.