Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Reading answers to prior questions and I think I have my…

Customer Question
Reading answers to prior...

Reading answers to prior questions and I think I have my answer. I was trying to connect my $39 Canon Pixal 2900 to my iPad. After reading some of the Q&A, Obviously I can’t.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Canon printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Now I am trying to connect my iPhone to same printer. I have been successful doing this in the past, but when power goes out I have to start over. To answer your question, I have wireless.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have no idea, nor do I have any idea how to do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can’t think of anything else at the moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/2/2018
Technician: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

For security purposes please respond with the answer to 4 + 3 = ?

Like I said in the email, my iPhone6s has been connected to my printer. When the power went out, so did my iPhone to printer. I do have the printer info on my Wifi on my phone as well as the printer. I have just
not been able to connect to iPad at all.
Ok? 4 + 3 = ? (7)

So the iPhone and Printer are on the same wireless network?

they are

After the power reset have you checked to see if the AirPlay is turned on?

Ok, I am a beginner in this technology world. Someone has always done it for me. Now I am trying to figure it out I don’t know about “AirPlay”
No Justin, but thanks. I will figure this out if it takes all night. I don’t want to pay $39.00 more dollars, I have already paid $23.00 with zero results. I think I will go to bed now and start over in the morning.

What is the make and model of your printer?