Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a officejet 6000 609N. It has suddenly quit printing…

Customer Question
I have a officejet...

I have a officejet 6000 609N. It has suddenly quit printing and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting and it still does not print. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Desktop HP Pavilion 20

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Just noticed it today. Haven't needed to print for a few days though.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your model

It was updated about 2 months ago to Microsoft 10

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
1/1/2018
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 3 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it still copying by itself fine?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It doesn't have a copy option, it is just a printer. Yes, it is connected with a USB cord.
No, I do not want you to remotely connect to my computer. Thank you. Just need to know how to fix this issue.

Please put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass, then press the Copy button / option on the printer, then does it make a copy or not?

This is NOT a copier, it is a printer. Does not have the ability to make a copy.
I do not want you to remotely connect to my computer.
Do you have a solution for this problem?

I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Also, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.
When you reinstalled the printer, what happened? Did the reinstallation finish successfully? Or did it give any error or message?

When printing something, at the print dialog window, select another similar HP printer name, if shown, then print and check.

How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?
Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

The reinstall went successfully and there were no error messages. I am extremely cautious about my technical equipment. And I am also aware that things can be run in the background without the knowledge of the owner of the equipment. It doesn't appear as though you are able to help me. Thank you.

I will provide written instructions per your request; we guarantee our service, so don't worry.

Nothing happened

1. Can you please disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer for now.

2. Then open Control Panel > (Hardware and Sound) > Devices and Printers, then there, right-click on each of the HP printer(s) there, and remove it for now.

3. Turn on printer and re-connect USB printer cable from printer to computer.

4. Wait a few minutes, then the printer should automatically be reinstalled.

5. See if you can print now.

I tried several times, it says it's printing but nothing prints.

Does it print out blank pages?

No. The lights keep blinking but it is not feeding the paper nor is it printing anything.

Turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, then turn on printer, then wait a few minutes, then do the lights still keep blinking?

I'll try.

OK, please let me know, thanks.

No. They started blinking again when I requested another print. The print queue shows that it is printing the document, it just isn't actually printing. Would it help to turn off the wireless button?

It shouldn't matter. I'm sorry. I'm out of ideas, but let me open this issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you for your patience.

OK.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

John, Computer Science Engineer