Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Our Windows 95 PC died and was replaced by a Windows 7 unit.

Customer Question
Our Windows 95 PC...

Our Windows 95 PC died and was replaced by a Windows 7 unit. I reloaded the CD for our Rebel XT/350D which seemed to work but I cannot transfer images from the camera to the PC. There seems to be a driver issue and no updated drivers are available.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any flashing lights, symbols, or messages on your camera or display screen?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried removing and replacing the battery and/or SD card?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

I realize that the camera is a little old, but it still takes great pictures.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/1/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Click on the link below and download the software options, including the codec, for your camera to operate on Windows 7. I suspect the disc you used to install the software for the camera is out of date and that is why the computer is not recognizing the camera:

click here

Once the software is installed, plug the camera in and you should then be able to access the images.

Please let me know if you have trouble with any of the steps and need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?