Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Brother MFC8890DW will print but the scanner does not…

Customer Question
My Brother MFC8890DW will...

My Brother MFC8890DW will print but the scanner does not work wiorelessly

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your MFC8890DW when you try to scan?

No

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Before I installed the new PC They bot work when wired

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 8 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

Do you have a printer USB cable with you?

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Windows 10, Yes I have USB and it works when connected, and yes the copying feature works

Please setup wireless once again on your printer by following the instructions below.

1. Press Menu on the printer control panel.

2. Choose Network or LAN => WLAN => Setup Wizard.

3. If the message, Network I/F switched to Wireless appears, press OK to accept. The wired network interface will become inactive with this setting.

4. The machine will search for your network and display a list of available SSIDs wireless name. Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose your network, then press OK.

5. Enter your wireless password ***** and press OK. Make sure you enter the wireless password ***** because it is case sensitive.

If successful, Connected will appear briefly on the LCD.

Then, restart the computer and try scanning again. Let me know the response.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>