Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I think the heads on my ET2550 that I am using with an iMac…

Customer Question
I think the heads...

I think the heads on my ET2550 that I am using with an iMac need to be cleaned. The letters when printed are blurred. How do I clean the heads?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/31/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup menu then the maintenance menu on the machine (from the front panel of the printer itself) and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed

Best regards,

I am not particularly computer/printer literate and I am not sure I can do this. How do I cancel my initial payment and get someone to come in an handle the problem?

I've provided you step by step instructions above.

We are all independent techs here working on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help. I have no ability to cancel or refund anything.

This really is a very simple process of just pressing a few simple buttons on the front of the printer.

To have someone come out and do this would cost you as much as a new printer.

Go up to the printer,

on the touch screen, touch on SETUP

then touch on Maintenance

then touch on Printhead Cleaning, then choose BOTH (black and color) to initiate the cleaning cycle. That is all there is to it.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.