Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have the Osfficejet Pro 8610 Printer. I keep getting

Customer Question
I have the Osfficejet...

I have the Osfficejet Pro 8610 Printer. I keep getting instructions for the 8710 printer which is useless to me. Please help me with the 610 printer. Under settings I get "This feature has been locked by your administrator or the person who set up the printer." I am the person who set up the printer and I did not lock it.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

I used to be a le to connect it wirelessly but now I have to put in the USB cable. I would like to connect it wirelessly, but when I go into settings I get that message. Also, this is a brand new computer. My other one got destroyed in Tropical Storm Harvey so I had to start over. Maybe that has something to do with the problem.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

This is a brand new computer, just got it up and running yesterday, so I don't know about updating drivers on a new computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. I cannot get into my account that I have had for a long time. It would not accept my log in. I believe my user name is ***** ***** address, and I thought I put in the correct password. I went ahead and asked for a new password ***** via my email (*****@******.***). I never got the email to reset the password ***** it is not in my junk box. I am registered and even get my ink from you automatically.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
12/31/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I suspect that the 'Administrator' referenced, signifies that you did not install the software properly. Indeed, you may have just connected the printer via USB cable, and used it that way - which can sometimes cause problems.

Let me know in Reply, your new computer's Windows version (i.e. Windows 7, or 8.1, or 10 perhaps?) and I will instruct you as to what to do to get the printer working, if you wish.

If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know which approach you would prefer, and I will help you as needed.

John, Computer Science Engineer