Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a 3880. Yesterday I tried to print something on a…

Customer Question
I have a 3880...

I have a 3880. Yesterday I tried to print something on a piece of 16.5" x 23"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

120# ***** Did not manage to put the paper in straight. Instead of a paper skew error warning the paper was pulled into the printer. Heard a horrible noise and the printer jambed and I got an error message 1121. Paper still in the printer. Had it unplugged overnight and just turned it back on and heard the horrible noise again and got the same error 1121. The printer is an Epson 3880. Install new driiver. Status tells me I have a communications error. Cannot acess print utility panel that allows me to cancel job and eject paper. HELP!!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I commonly use this printer to make reproductions of my watercolor paintings on Arches 140# ***** paper

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/31/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

lets talk
With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.Wait 2 minutesPlug back in the power cord and power it onDo you still have the error?
My epson utility will no longer allow me to even SEE the page that shows the jobs. Any time I had a paper jam before, I could cancel the job and the paper would eject.

How old is the printer?

Nov 2010 I belive.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

What the hell are you talking about!! $40 to 60 to replace?I obviously I did not get the tech I need.
The 3880 is a 17" wide format and cost approx $1500.00 in 2010!!!!

I apologize that you misunderstood.

You can buy a new printer for $50-$60.

I can buy a new printer for $50 but it will NOT print 17" wide and 30" long...Have you ever heard of the concept WIDE FORMAT printers??? I am VERY dissapointed ...You claim to know epson printers???

Yes, I know about wide format printers.

You are more than welcome to repair the printer instead which will cost around $300-$500 or possibly more depending on the exact internal failure.

I would rather repair it for even $500 since to buy a new one would cost about $!500...considerably more than the $50 you mentioned...

As I mentioned, you can buy a new printer for $50-$60; not the same model.