Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

The colour that predominates on the photo is pink...why is…

Customer Question
The colour that predominates...

The colour that predominates on the photo is pink...why is that?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon Pro 9500 II

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

I haven't used it for a couple of years and I used it today. It did it on three different papers

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have a new computer and I don't remember if I used it on the new one. Sorry

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I also have a canon printer MG 2500 and it comes with and error 5B00 even though I have put new catridges

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
12/31/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

When photo colors are as you describe, either the printer needs the ink cartridges replaced or the printhead nozzles need cleaning or both.

To begin, first clean the printhead nozzles to see if that resolves the issue.

Follow the instructions in the web page at the following link:

click here

Please let me know the result and if you need assistance with any of the steps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
David, I have cleaned the print head nozzles, done deep cleaning, replaced five cartridges but it still comes out pink
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thank you.

You may ignore the solicitation for additional services - that is an automated message from the Just Answer system.

What operating system (such as Mac OSX or Windows 10, 8 or 7) is running on the computer you are using to print?

Also, is that the same computer you last used to print successfully two years ago?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am using windows 10 and l have not printed on the new computer. I do a lot of printing and was using a cheaper Canon printer, but it also comes with an error

Windows 10 already has drivers included for this printer however there is software you should download and install that provides you with advanced control over the color settings. Please click the link below to download and install the My Printer and Easy Photo Print software:

click here

Once you open the Easy Photo Print software, make adjustments to change the color so that it prints correctly and then try printing a test page and let me know the result.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I go to the highlighted red tab of drivers & downloads it comes with the message:
There is no driver for the OS version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver.I could not find anything that said ;My printer & Easy Photo print software

Click the software tab and you will see the option to download the My Printer and Easy Photo print software.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Under the software tab:
Easy-web
Easy Photo Print Ex Ver 4.7.0 (Windows)
Easy Printer Vers 3.3 Windows Which one do you want me to download?

Download Easy Photo Print Ex Ver 4.7.0 and My Printer which is below that one.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Done

Are both programs now installed as well?

If so then try printing again as the Easy Photo Print program defaults may fix the issue. If not then click the link below and follow the instructions to adjust the color auto-correction settings:

click here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is getting better and I followed your instructions...however there is still that pink twinge

Ok, good. That indicates that the software should be able to resolve the issue with the right settings.

Just a moment while I check a setting that may address that exact color....

Select the "Enable ICC Profile" then select the Relative Colorimetric option, click Apply then OK and run a test print.

Also, try printing the same photo from a different program then compare - some Adobe programs, for example, include ICC profiles that may change the color balance of the print.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did that but it had no effect...still that pink twinge in the background. Sorry

What program are you using to open and print the photos?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Microsoft. Canon printer and the software that came with it. I have tried all the possible combinations on properties and has no effect. I take photos of wrens and the main body (brown) prints fine but the background with is a mixture of light brown and green turns out a soft magenta ( pink)

Ok, so just to clarify, all the ink cartridges are new correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
l have just put six new ones on the printer p

Ok, then I am going to open up this question to other experts that may have additional ideas.

Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, I have done everything that David asked me...but the images that I print have improved but still have alight pinkish look overall.

I recommend that you remove the ink cartridges and then remove the printhead and clean it manually by soaking the bottom of it in distilled water and blotting it with a lint-free cloth, being careful not to get the electrical contacts wet.

Please let me know if you need more information on how to do this.

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer