Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Ma870 getting error 5100 but if I open the printer the head…

Customer Question
Ma870 getting error 5100...

Ma870 getting error 5100 but if I open the printer the head moves to the middle. I see no paper jam.

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not lately.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
That should have been mx870 printer
12/31/2017
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 3 months ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hi, I am John, welcome to JustAnswer.com

The 5100 error may indicate that an ink tank(s) is not seated properly, paper is jammed or there is an object inside the printer, the printer needs to be reset or the encoder film/strip may need to be cleaned. To try and resolve the error, please click on each of the links located here and follow the directions provided.

Please rate me positively (3, 4 or 5 stars), that's the only way for me to be paid by this website, it won't cost you any additional money.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year

JOHN

There are no links.
Link doesn't work.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Engineer