Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error message turn printer off then on again. have done so a…

Customer Question
Error message turn printer...

Error message turn printer off then on again. have done so a number of times and still same message again.error code is 0xF1

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes cant start print job as message comes up as soon as I turn power on

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A couple of weeks ago I think

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/31/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

same message come up

How old is the printer?

18 months

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.