Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't get the color to print on my HP ENVY 4520. I JUST…

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the color to print on my HP ENVY 4520. I JUST PUT IN A NEW CARTRIDGE. tHE COLOR IS ON THE LEFT AND THE BLACK ON THE RIGHT

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Envy 4520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

This is a brand new printer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It prints in black

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/31/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Most likely the printhead needs cleaning. To clean the printhead and resolve the issue do the following:

First, load the input tray with paper.

Next, on the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, then select Setup.

Select Tools, then select Clean Cartridges.

After cleaning the printer prints a Print Quality Diagnostic report. Review the report and run the cleaning cycle again if needed.

Note that in most cases you will need to run the cleaning cycle between 3 and 5 times to resolve the issue.

Please let me know the result.

Technician: carlo-cssm,
 replied 6 months ago
carlo-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address.
Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response).
Thank you,
The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

My name is David.

First, load the input tray with paper.

Please let me know the result.

Do you still need assistance?