Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Officejet 6100 printer...can not get it to print…

Customer Question
I have an Officejet...

I have an Officejet 6100 printer...can not get it to print color now.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

I think USB but not sure.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

At 94 I can't remember. Sorry.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, other than the printer prints excellently...justno color oltherc than format alreadyc saved... They come out beautifully.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/30/2017
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 7 months ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hi, I am John, welcome to JustAnswer.com

The printhead may be dry, that's why you cannot print color now. Please follow the procedure found here to clean the printhead ===>https://hp-officejet-6100.printerdoc.net/en/solve-a-problem/printhead-maintenance/clean-the-printhead/ <=== CLICK HERE

Also, the color cartridge may be defective, in that case please try with a new color cartridge.

Please rate me positively (3, 4 or 5 stars), that's the only way for me to be paid by this website, it won't cost you any additional money.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year

JOHN