Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I had to reboot my laptop, which is connected to my printer…

Customer Question
I had to reboot...

I had to reboot my laptop, which is connected to my printer through a docking station. Now, it sometimes sees the printer but won't accept any printing jobs.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

I have it connected via USB. Theoretically, it could be connected wirelessly, but I have to switch WiFi if I'm trying to send from somewhere else in the house. (That's not working out either.)

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure. You think I might have to reboot the printer?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have an Instant Ink contract with HP, so I'm hesitant to do anything which will delete the info on my side of it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/30/2017
Technician: tyroneboman, Technician replied 8 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?
You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.