Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Could you tell me why my scanner takes forever to scan or…

Customer Question
Hi. Could you tell...

Hi. Could you tell me why my scanner takes forever to scan or not at all? WF3640.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No. It seems like it is trying to scan but nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just scanning issue.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/30/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

I think I will just get a new printer. Thanks.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.