Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon MF210 printer was connectecd to my MAC laptop and I…

Customer Question
Good morning! My Canon...

Good morning! My Canon MF210 printer was connectecd to my MAC laptop and I could print anywhere in my house. For some reason, it won't print from my laptop and it says the printer is not connected. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MF210: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly I also have another computer and it works fine it is the connection between my laptop and the printer that is not working so it has something to do with the setting on my MAC laptop I think?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

The printer is fairly new - within the last 9 months so I haven't updated the printer driver software

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks - I think it something to do with the settings on my MAC - I don't think it is the printer as it works fine from my desktop computer

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
I had the printer working connected to my Mac laptop and for some reason - it is not longer connecting wirelessly to my Mac laptop - when I try to print - it says printer is not connectedThe printer connects to my Mac desktop computer - no problem
12/30/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help with the question

Which macOS does that laptop have?

OS X Version 10.9.5
  1. Launch System Preferences by selecting it from the Apple menu, or by clicking its icon in the Dock.
  2. Select the Printers & Scanners preference pane.
  3. Remove the current printer by highlighting and using the -
  4. Now add back the printer using the +
I am in the + Add - and it says
Name (in blue) Kind
It won't let me type in the name - what am I missing?

No, you do not type in a name.

You need to add your printer by selecting it.

it says no printers are available
click add to set up a printer - I click add and there is nothing in the box

Is the printer and computer on the same Wi-Fi network?

Not the guest network?

Harry, Engineer