Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I received the following message on my printer that said…

Customer Question
I received the following...

I received the following message on my printer that said "Printer error has occurred. Unplug the power cord and contact the service centre." Can this situation be rectified without bringing the printer to a service centre? It is a Canon MX892 All-In-One

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Canon MX892 All-In-One

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX892?

Just started

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have never updated...I did not know that I had to!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Do you see any error code?

for e.g. B200

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
B200 Error Code

I am sorry to say I have a bad news for you.

The B200 error indicates that the printhead assembly as well as the Logic board has overheated and shorted out. The printhead and logic board needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright.
The printhead and logic board are very expensive, unfortunately, the cost of repairs may be more than a new printer itself. If your unit is under warranty then you can get it repaired from CANON free of cost.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the CA $52 you will charge, on top[ of the CA$39?

Please ignore the premium service request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what exactly does it entail that you are going to do?

It's sent by the system and not by me. It's completely optional.

In your case, it's not helpful as it's a hardware problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
then please give me an amount in TOTAl for you working remotely on my printer?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want a monthly service fee! It is not worth the price that I paid for this printer!

The secure remote session only helps when there is a software issue. In, your case it's a hardware issue.

It won't help.

The printhead and logic board are very expensive, unfortunately, the cost of repairs may be more than a new printer itself.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but if it is just a hardware issue then what is the one-time amount please?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK...if that's the case, is there anything you can do?

I am sorry but I am the technical guy. I have no idea regarding the monetary matters.

I can walk you through the steps of replacing the parts of the printer but the cost of replacement may be more than a new printer itself.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Understood...Well thank you for your honesty...what will my credit card be charged for this call?

If your unit is under warranty then you can get it repaired from CANON free of cost.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No...it is no longer under warranty unfortunately!

You can contact our customer support by following this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Is there anything else I can help you with?

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback from our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not unless you can show up here in Vancouver with a replacement printer!!!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you & goodbye!

It was nice working with you.

Happy Holidays!

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer