Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am following the information supplied in the

Customer Question
I am following the...

I am following the information supplied in the Troubleshooting section of my printer manual PIXMA iP2600 series Canon Printer under the heading :

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

"Power Lamp Flashes Green and Alarm Lamp Flashes Orange Alternately." The printer is printing from a Dell computer. I followed the instructions but I still do not get print. The paper goes through without a hitch but no print

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Just started with this request

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

OS standing for what?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I recognize this is a very old computer and a quite old printer but I am 82 years old and use the technology sparingly. It has worked for everything I have needed.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
I thought this would be a Canon company that would be answering my question but instead I was surfed along to another group that started asking for my credit card information e-mail address and questions I was not prepared to give but now I am in and I want to cancel and get my credit card information cash obligations out of your hands. In other words I wish to CANCEL the whole mess and be assured that my private numbers and addresses have been blacked out. Can you do that?
12/30/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I apologize -- I just read your second message about not wishing to pay.

This is a paid service. Do you wish to continue?

no,just give me your message

Since you stated that you do not wish to pay, I will close the question.

Thank you.

I am not following this conversation. I thought you had an answer for me. I do not want to get involved with a remote assistant.
Will I be charged for any of this unsuccessful contact?
Is this conversation still open? I want to know if I can expect anything to appear on my credit card.