Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have paper jam with HP 5740 printer and can't get back door…

Customer Question
Have paper jam with...

Have paper jam with HP 5740 printer and can't get back door open.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Mac book air

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 5740?

Just today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1017

Using mac Hi Sierra. updated approx 2 months ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/30/2017
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-gtqnxowh,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you wtih this issue. I understand you have a paper jam in you HP5740 printer. While you are requesting to open the back door, please be sure to follow the step in this video first. Most jams can be removed by turning printer on side and accessing from underneath, instead of the back. Please click on the link below or copy and paste it into your browser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MWTWeV2vo4

Let me know if it helps, so we can go to the next step, if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert