Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Hp Envy 4520; I have insert the ink cartridges many…

Customer Question
I have a Hp...

I have a Hp Envy 4520; I have insert the ink cartridges many times a d i keep gettin g a message to insert the correctly; I am fairly mechanically able and do not understand th problem

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Model is HP envy4520

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

The only message I get is toremove and reinstall the cartridges; yes I canopen the lid covering the ink cartridges

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No; nothinmg else

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. May I know how long you are facing this issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one day
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want remote assistance; please just answer the question if you can

I am sorry for the delay, The possible reason is the cartridge might not have full electrical contact with the printer. Removing and reinstalling the cartridge might help.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. Open the scanner lid.

3. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the cartridge access area of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.

4. To release the cartridge, lift the lid on the cartridge slot, and then gently push the lid back until it stops.

5. Pull up on the cartridge to remove it from the slot.

• Lift the lid

• Gently push the lid back

• Pull up on the cartridge

6. Remove any protective tape that might still be on the nozzles.

7. Hold the cartridge at a slight upward angle with the cartridge contacts facing the rear of the printer, and then slide the cartridge into the empty slot.

8. Close the lid on the cartridge slot to secure the cartridge into place.

• Insert the cartridge

• Close the lid

• The color cartridge is on the left, and the black cartridge is on the right

9. Repeat the previous steps to install the other cartridge, if necessary.

10. Close the cartridge access door.

11. Close the scanner lid.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, continue to the next solution

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
issue is not resolved and I do not see the next solution

Now we can clean the electrical contacts on the cartridges and inside the printer. This is one of the difficult step, Please follow the instruction below

1. Gather the following materials:

• Dry foam-rubber swabs, lint-free cloth, or any soft material that does not come apart or leave fibers (coffee filters work well)

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the cartridges)CAUTION: Do not use platen cleaners or alcohol to clean the cartridge contacts. These can damage the cartridge or the printer.

2. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

3. Open the scanner lid.

4. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the cartridge access area.

5. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

6. Disconnect the USB cable, if the printer is connected to your computer with a USB connection.

WARNING: You must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer to avoid the risk of injuries or electric shock.

7. To release the cartridge, lift the lid on the cartridge slot, and then gently push the lid back until it stops.

8. Pull up on the cartridge to remove it from the slot.

9. Hold the cartridge by its sides.

10. Inspect the ink cartridge contacts for ink and debris buildup.

CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

11. Lightly moisten a foam-rubber swab or lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess water from it.

12. Clean only the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge, and then allow the cartridge to dry for about 10 minutes.

1. Copper-colored contacts

2. Ink nozzles (do not clean)

13. Lightly moisten another foam-rubber swab or lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess water from it.

14. Use the swab or cloth to clean the electrical contacts in the carriage, located inside the printer in the cartridge slots.

15. Allow the carriage contacts to dry for about 10 minutes.

16. Hold the cartridge at a slight upward angle with the cartridge contacts facing the rear of the printer, and then slide the cartridge into the empty slot.

17. Close the lid on the cartridge slot to secure the cartridge into place.

18. Repeat the previous steps to install the other cartridge, if necessary.

19. Close the cartridge access door.

20. Close the scanner lid.

21. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

22. Reconnect the USB cable, if the printer is connected to your computer with a USB connection.

23. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer