Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just set it up and i can get it to print with a usb cable.

Customer Question
I just set it...

I just set it up and i can get it to print with a usb cable. i also got the wifi set up-- i think. that is, the wifi icon is on on the face of the printer but when I disconnect the usb cable and try to print from my computer, it says my printer is offline

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Right now i am trying to do it wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just got the printer today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to connect it direct to my wifi first and while it found my wifi source (my router) it would never take my passcode. so i went through a usb cable, printed, got the wifi symbol to show up on the printer but it doesn't print without the usb cable

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

When you attempt to print to the printer wirelessly, are you given any type of error message? If so, what is that message?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason