Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error code 4 D scanner. Never I've only had it for 4 months…

Customer Question
Error code 4...

Error code 4 D scanner

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never I've only had it for 4 months & only used it a total of 5 times

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/29/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the printer/scanner?

Epsom WF-2750

Could you please tell me whether this error code 4 D coming up on the printer itself or on your pc?

The printer

You may tried restarting the printer but I am going suggest you the same basic steps to check if that works or not. Now please unplug the printer power cable from the power outlet completely for 10-15 minutes and try again. If you still get this error message, we can try to reset the printer. Once you are done please let me know.

Ok, still getting the same error message

Lets please try Resetting Control Panel Defaults

1. Press the up or down arrow, select Setup, and press the OK button.
  2. Press the up or down arrow buttons, select Restore Default Settings, and press the OK button. You see this screen:
  3. Press the up or down arrow buttons to select one of these options and press the OK button.You see a confirmation screen.
    • Clear All Data and Settings: Restores all of the default settings and resets contact and network data on the control panel.
  4. Press the up arrow button to reset the selected settings. Press the down arrow button if you want to cancel the operation.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Up/down arrow keys do nothing just keep getting error message

I understand, In this case we are going to perform On/Off reset on the printer.

1. Unplug power at the wall outlet and wait 5 minutes
  2. Now press and hold the power on/off button for 60+ seconds,
  3. Keep holding the power on/off and while plug the power cable back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still no change, please let me know.

Ok

Is it working or still getting the same error message?

Still getting same error message

I understand, if you still getting this error message even after trying all the step, Either it could be internal fault or some other alternate troubleshooting needs to be followed. I am sorry I tried my level best but I ran out of ideas and this error message is keep on popping up, In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for all your help.
Will the next person be on right now or later in the day?

Once the expert reviewed the question they will be responding in this chat window as soon as possible and you will get a email notification.

Ok thanks

You are welcome and Wish you a advance Happy New Year.

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

My car is stuck in a ditch right now so I am not able to be at the printer

Take your time