Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother LX900 Laminator. It will turn on but then…

Customer Question
I have a Brother...

I have a Brother LX900 Laminator. It will turn on but then immediately the on button begins flashing red with a beep. Can you help fix?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Itis a LX 900 aminator, not a printer

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your LX900?

Just started hapening

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Have not updated it. Don't know how. Again....IT IS A LAMINATOR....NOT A PRINTER

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/29/2017
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-lybjmi1q.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. I understand the LX900 laminator has a red light flashing and a beep when turning on. I have researched this for you. Below are the reasons for this error:

• The film cartridge is not installed properly or an incompatible film cartridge is installed. Install the film cartridge properly. Use Brother authorized film cartridges and film refills only.
  • The proper AC adapter is not being used. Use a Brother authorized AC adapter

Also, for your convenience, here's a link to the manual, below:

https://www.brother-usa.com/VirData/Content/en-US/Laminators/Consumer/UsersManual/UM_LX_900_EN_2989.pdf

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert