Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Replaced toner still get replace toner mes. Brother

Customer Question
Replaced toner still get...

Replaced toner still get replace toner mes

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother MFC9340CDW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC9340CDW?

Ran out of toner last nite

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/29/2017
Technician: tyroneboman, Technician replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
The Brother MFC-9340CDW has a process to manually override the “Toner Empty” message, and reset the toner cartridges.Ensure the printer is switched on.Open the printer lid to reveal the toner cartridges.Press and hold the Asterisk key for five (5) seconds.The LCD should display a new menu.Select the cartridge you wish to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = YellowSTD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.Reset? Will appear on the screen Select “Yes”.Close the printer lid.
which Asterisk key
Try this please.
- Close all warning and error message windows and return to the main menu.
- Open the Fax menu
- Mark the '*' Button with a pencil, or just remember where it is. Do not press it. It will disappear in the next step.
- Return to the main menu.
- Open the printer so you can see the toners.
- Press and hold the hidden '*' button for 7 seconds.
- A toner reset menu appears. Reset the toner in question.
- Choose K=black, C=cyan, M=magenta, Y=yellow, STR=starter (small), STD=standard, HC=high capacity.
- Close the printer and return to the main menu.
Did that work for you?
It worked. thank you
That's great!