Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Unit i have is a MG5560. It wont start its set up and has an…

Customer Question
Unit i have is...

Unit i have is a MG5560

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

It wont start its set up and has an orange light showing next to the model number

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

It started doing it about a month agoe but if i switched off and unpluged and repluged the power cable it came good

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

To my knowledge it has never been done

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this stage thank u

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/29/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

every time I try to switch it on the orange lightning symbol cums up and the screen tells me there is a fault
it has been happening now for about a month and switching it off and hitting the ok button sometimes worked, but it is very bad now

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

plug pulled. held the power button down for 30 secs

Can you connect it now and see If there has been helpful?

no. same problem when I try to print

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

I have tried twice to download team viewer but it gives me no password ***** id

What do you see on the screen?

have had no more time to play games trying to fix this unit
have gone and purchased new unit to keep my business running