Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a PIXMA MG 5560. The unit will not operate ,message…

Customer Question
I have a PIXMA...

I have a PIXMA MG 5560. The unit will not operate ,message reads Support Code B200 An error has occurred ----etc What should I do??

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

LG Desk Computer

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

This time only. It just won't work

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Sorry have not done any updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I need a technical help?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this B200 error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2014 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.