Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am getting an error message that the printer was not shut…

Customer Question
I am getting an...

I am getting an error message that the printer was not shut off correctly. I have tried several different approaches for clearing the error message, but I continue to receive an error message stating that I need to contact HP. Error message has a number: Ox6100004a

Technician's Assistant: Is your HP printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I can not get it to print anything. The issue started with what appeared to be a paper jam. My daughter got frustrated and unplugged the printer without powering it off. Now, whenever I turn it off and back on again, it first states that there is a paper jam (which there is not). After opening the printer, it cycles through a maintenance mode and then displays the error message about being shutdown incorrectly. I can not seem to get it out of this loop

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I can not recall having updated it...purchased the printer around this time last year for our home. It is minimally used...probably haven't printed more than 100 sheets of paper.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/29/2017
Technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon/evening!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. What would you like resolved today? Please be as detailed as possible so I can help you the best way. Thanks!

I read your notes, but just want to be clear on what specifically you want me to fix before proceeding