to…" /> to…" />

Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It says "the paper source setting is invalid. Press > to…

Customer Question
It says "the paper...

It says "the paper source setting is invalid. Press > to check the available settings." But I've got it set on letter, and I'm trying to copy a letter-sized document, and I've got letter-sized paper in the tray.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson WorkForce WF-2750.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?

I just bought it and was setting it up just to be a copier.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Do I need a computer to just use it as a copier?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have Windows 10 laptop, but it's not connected to the printer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/29/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help with my question.
  1. Press the up or down arrow button, select Setup, and press the OK button.
  2. Press the up or down arrow button, select Restore Default Settings, and press the OK button. You see this screen:
  3. Press the up or down arrow button to select one of these options and press the OK button.You see a confirmation screen.
    • Clear All Data and Settings: Restores all of the default settings and resets contact and network data on the control panel.
  4. Press the up arrow button to reset the selected settings.
It works, but when I switch it to borderless and actual size, I get the message.

Did you press the buttons to select the available settings on the screen?

I'm changing the settings on the copier's screen. It seems the problem is when "borderless" is selected rather than "with border." Why would that be?

Strange.

It must be assuming that your borderless request is using a different size paper.

Are you unable to use the border option?

I'm able to use the "with border" option. When I have "borderless" selected, it says "the paper source setting is invalid. Press > to check the available settings," even though I've got a letter-size document in the ADF and letter paper in the supply tray. When I switch the setting to "with border," no problem. Any ideas?

It sounds like it is not seeing the paper in the ADF when you are switching to without borders.

Are you making sure that tray is selected?