Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Scanner - Epson DS-560. Wireless. Has been running fine.

Customer Question
Scanner - Epson DS-560...

Scanner - Epson DS-560. Wireless. Has been running fine. Now, the computer can no longer find the scanner. I tried all the usual fixes: reboot; went into the Epson scan settings; Then I downloaded the drivers again and tried to reconnect from scratch. msg was: The network channel assigned to your wifi network is not supported by the scanner. What the heck is that. Scanner problem or computer wifi problem (had those before on this computer) or the modem I use for internet?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your Epson printer when you try to scan?

This is NOT a printer. A scanner only. It does not have a message screen.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

2 seconds ago.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/28/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.
The issue you describe is often due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To rule out the router that provides your wireless network as the cause, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer and the scanner after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.
Thanks,
David.

Do you still need assistance?

Thanks. I had tried rebooting the modem, but I did it again this morning and rebooted everything else too, and downloaded the drivers again and reconnected from scratch. Got same message but was able to scan one set of papers from one computer before it refused again. And another set from another computer. I think the wifi connection on the scanner is not working properly any more. Heading to the store tomorrow to get another. So - yes. You helped. Got everything done before a deadline this morning, and comfortable that I have checked the other possibilities before I scrap the scanner. Thanks.

Well, glad I could help you meet your deadline this morning and help identify what to do next. One last option would be to update scanner firmware which may resolve the WiFi drop-off issue if the issue is not hardware related.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Did you need further assistance?