Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Fax machine says there is a paper jam but there is no paper.

Customer Question
Fax machine says there...

Fax machine says there is a paper jam but there is no paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother Intellifax 2820

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your IntelliFax?

Two weeks

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It's a fax

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/28/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

there is still an error

How old is the machine?

5 years old

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your machine is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the machine than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.