Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

What do I do first? Chat with you about the error code?

Customer Question
0x97? Have you look at...
What do I do first? Chat with you about the error code? 0x97? Have you look at my screen? Don
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
11AM,12/28. Standing by.
Don
12/28/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
11AM,12/28. I am standing by.
Don
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is Error Code: 0x97 on my Epson WF-3640?

It sounds like you are getting the error message 0x97 on the printer. The Epson error 0x97 happens because of an internal hardware issue. There are quite a few Epson models that are known to have this hardware issue where their motherboard will fail all of sudden. There aren’t many things that you can do once you’re facing a hardware issue. There are some workarounds for the problem but as you might have already guessed, there isn’t a permanent solution except for repairing or getting a replacement.

Try the methods given below to troubleshoot and solve the problem but if nothing works then your last choice would be to try the last method.

Unplug and Plug-in

The steps given below require some technical knowledge of how to open and use your printer. If you aren’t sure then refer to the manual that came with your printer because the steps vary from model to model.

1. Open the printer casing and check for any jammed papers or debris. If you find any, remove it.
  2. Remove all printing cartridges
  3. Unplug all the USBs and cables
  4. Once the printer is disconnected, press the power button as if you were trying to turn on the printer. This will discharge any residual current in the printer
  5. Now reconnect all the USBs and power cable
  6. Turn on your printer and check for the error

------------------------------------------------------------------

Unplug and Plug-in (Alternative)

This method is a variation of the method 1. So if the method 1 didn’t work then try this method to confirm if the error is caused by the internal hardware failure or not.

1. Turn off your printer
  2. Unplug all cables
  3. Wait for 5 minutes
  4. Press and hold the power button for 60+ seconds (DO NOT release it)
  5. When the 60+ seconds have gone, plug in the power cable while keeping the power button pressed
  6. Hold the power button pressed for another 60+ seconds (after plugging in the power cable)
  7. Release the power button after 60 seconds of plug in

Now check if the error code is still shown on the printer. If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, I will try the 1st Unplug/plug-in steps and let you know. Is this how we communicate?

Okay, There are three way were you can communicate with me, you can communicate with me either through chat or remote or live call. Since it is a printer hardware related issue, we can't take remote access.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I followed the plug/unplug procedure. Turned on the printer and tried to make a copy of a document. It printed about 1/3rd of the document and then quite with the same 0x97 error code.
Do I buy a new printer?
Don

In some cases, the error code might be displaying because of waste ink around head sprayer. Cleaning that waste ink with a wet tissue sometimes solves the problem. Follow the steps given below to perform the cleanup procedure.

Note: This method requires a bit technical knowledge and might not be suited for everyone. If you aren’t sure then ask an expert and take help from the manual that came with the printer.

1. Turn off your printer
  2. Open the printer casing
  3. Take a tissue and wet it with warm water
  4. Now move the head to the center
  5. Put the tissue to the head cleaning mechanic pad
  6. Move the head to the parking spot
  7. Wait 10 minutes

Now remove the tissue and close everything. Turn on the printer and check if the problem is still there. Repeat this method 3 times if it doesn’t work the first time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It appears to me that I must buy a new printer, and it will not be an Epson. It appears that Epson subcontracts their customer support to an outside contractor. I have done all the suggested remedies for the Error Code: 0x97, and nothing works. Printer does not copy, does not print files, nothing. I still do not know what the 0x97 error code means. I have looked in the online manual and could not find that error code. Don Bekins phone:(###) ###-####email:***@******.***

I understand, In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

Kris R
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer