Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My MFC-J480DW printer will no longer print. It has in and…

Customer Question
My MFC-J480DW printer will...

My MFC-J480DW printer will no longer print. It has in and goes through the process of printing, but the paper comes out blank.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

A HP computer. the printer has worked fine until recently.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC-J480DW?

For about a week. I was between hospitals and rehab facility for about 4 months. when I got home I found that evidently my brother (who was looking after my home) tried to save money and bought a black cartridge and magenta cartridge that were not manufactured by Brother. I bought a Brother black cartridge and installed it, but then it only printed in magenta. Now it won't print at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/28/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Just a moment while I review your question.

Thanks.

Cleaning the print heads will most likely resolve the issue. Perform the print head cleaning procedure at the link below to resolve the issue:

click here

Note that you may have to run the print head cleaning procedure 3 to 5 times before the printer starts printing correctly.

Please let me know the result.

Do you still need assistance?