Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Mac desktop and M922 printer. my wifi password

Customer Question
I have a Mac...

I have a Mac desktop and M922 printer. my wifi password ***** and the desktop is working fine, but when I try to print I get the message "looking for printer"

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your M922: wirelessly or by USB?

Yes, wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just installed the driver software this morning from the canon website

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's about it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
12/28/2017
Technician: Kamil Anwar, Technician replied 1 month ago
Kamil Anwar, Technician

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you

Have you reconnected the printer to WiFi?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know how to do that

Do you have the printer manufacturers software CD?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you tell me how to do that?

What is the make and model of your printer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want to pay for remote assist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have the CD but downloaded the printer driver this morning
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is a canon pima mx922

Ignore the offer for remote because it is automated (i did not send it). Have you tried reinstalling the printer driver?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I downloaded and installed this morning

Did reinstalling the driver successfully added the printer to your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it shows up as my default printer but when I go to print it stalls and says looking for printer
  1. Open System preferences
  2. Click Print and fax
  3. Right Click the printer and select reset
  4. Add the printer again using + icon in the bottom
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when I go to add a printer, nothing shows up to add

What status you are seeing on printer Screen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the printer itself looks no different, the desktop shows no printer

Your printer has a LCD Display, what is the network status on it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it says it is trying to connect but is still searching. the rest ofmy house the wifi is working fine, so it's not a network issue

Follow the steps

1. Make sure your computer is connected to the same network to which you are connecting your printer
  2. On your printer Press the menu button
  3. Select WLAN Setup and press okay
  4. You will see a screen saying WPS compatible access point is detected
  5. Press and Hold the WPS button on wireless router until the light start blinking
  6. Press Okay on Printer
  7. It will establish a connection
  8. Press Okay once it is connected
  9. Retry adding the printer on your computer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
finally! it worked! thank you!!!

You're Welcome. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon that will be greatly appreciated.

Kamil Anwar, Technician