Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought this printer and this is the first time I have…

Customer Question
I just bought this printer...
I just bought this printer and this is the first time I have tried to scan. When I press the scan button, it says I have not selected a printer, but why should I have to do that when it is wirelessly connected.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

That is how every single wirelessly connected printer/scanner works. Did you install the scanner software on the computer, yet?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Someone else installed the printer for me, so I just assumed he installed the proper software. I do I determine if that is the case.

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? I will install the software for you and configure it correctly. When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Can't you just tell me how to install the software? Is it so technical that I won't be able to do it myself?

I never said it was too technical.

You may download the software from the following page: https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/ET-Series/Epson-ET-4750/s/SPT_C11CG19201

Is there anything else that I can help you with?