Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I try to scan, it says "computer not selected". How do…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to scan, it says "computer not selected". How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No error code, just says the computer hasn't been selected; but, of course, it's wireless.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Someone just installed it for me. I have only had it a couple of weeks and this is the first time I have tried to scan.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so. Thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/27/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the printer?