Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have tried to load the print driver for MG 3660 to my

Customer Question
Hello. I have tried...

Hello. I have tried to load the print driver for MG 3660 to my computer but it keeps on saying that I need to logon as an administrator....well I don't have one. why is this? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon MG 3660

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

Well it is new. so it has only happened today when I have tried to set it up.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not sure, it is running windows 7 professional so it automatically updates.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it. I just need to set up the printer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/27/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Just today. I was loading the print driver. I tried a couple of times. It downloads the program but then says that I need to logon as an administrator....which I cannot do. The computer does not have an administrator login anyway!!

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris