Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

It says theres a paper jam and i can't find it. Workforce…

Customer Question
It says theres a...

It says theres a paper jam and i can't find it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Workforce 3640

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?

Just this evening

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I just did tonight. then it started doing this

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
12/27/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are facing the issue with the paper jam in the printer. Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.

To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable for 10 minutes.
Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper.

Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.

Open each cover front, top, and back of the printer and look for pieces of paper in the rollers. Move the rollers with your fingers to clean and move any loose paper out as well.

Then plug the printer power back in try to print. If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

There is NO paper in the system. It’s in the tray. Won’t pick it up period. I’m pissed as well because I thought this was a $5 answer to my dilemma. Not $30+. My toddler is on a rampage and I can’t follow through with this at this time because of my toddler. Now the money is gone and we didn’t even have that kind of money to spend. So now what?
No. I’m not going to spend more money you fool! I’m calling the bank tomorrow and telling them this is a scam.

I am one of the expert from JustAnswer, if my previous solution didn't work, we can continue the conversation and try other solutions. Or if you are not satisfied with my answer, I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer