Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I hit print on the computer, it will not connect to the…

Customer Question
When I hit print...

When I hit print on the computer, it will not connect to the printer, but instead it copies a blank piece if paper. I tried to unprotect the report but it requires a password ***** I have no password. None was set during the installation.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

I think it is wireless.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It's new.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/27/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printing question.

What type of document are you trying to print? a PDF perhaps, or an MS Word doc, etc.?

And can you still print other types of documents, e.g. a single page from a Notepad file for instance?