Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm getting an error message on my HP Officejet 6700

Customer Question
I'm getting an error...

I'm getting an error message on my HP Officejet 6700 All-in-one printer that says, "There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. I've done that and I've also unplugged the printer from the back and from the outlet. I've taken out all of the ink cartridges and cleaned the copper strip with distilled water etc.

Technician's Assistant: Is your OfficeJet displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't get the message to go away when I click OK to access the panel for anything else.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/27/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

I don't know how will you react on my answer because the problem you are facing is very common problem and one of the worst problem of HP printers, because this error indicates problem with the ink system and it means any spare related to the printing mechanism can be defective, like the printhead, motor, pump etc. if the printer is less than one year old then, send the printer to HP for free replacement otherwise, you can first follow the steps from the video in the link below, it is little bit tought to understand the pronounciation of the man speaking english in that video but if you listen carefully, you can understand what he is saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVm368n0tpo

I already watched and followed the video with no success! Also I am very frustrated to see that my credit card was charged $18 went before I put my credit card number and I was told it would only be five dollars! Now that you did not help me with my answer I would like a refund promptly. Thank you
Hello? Am I going to get a refund?
You're advertising states 100% satisfaction guarantee or a refund? Am I getting a refund?