Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Im trying to replace a cartridge on a canon mg3022 printer,

Customer Question
Im trying to replace...

Im trying to replace a cartridge on a canon mg3022 printer, I am not sure how to remove the old ink cartridge. Ive opened it ip but its such a small space and im not sure where to press to release them

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your MG3022?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes i am, i just dont know how to remove the ink cartidge. Its open and the cartridges moved over i just dont know what to press or how to release them

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank u

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/26/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

With the printer turned on > Retract the paper output tray and the output tray extension.

Then open the cover and you will see the ink cartridge holder moving to the replacement position.

Then you have to push down the ink cartridge until you hear it clicks.

Then you can remove the cartridge.

I'll also give you the pictorial guide which will help you to replace the ink cartridge.

Please click this link to access the guide: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART166536&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1514318862269

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.