Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a new WF 2720. I have downloaded and installed all…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new WF 2720. I have downloaded and installed all the drivers and the firmware. I am going to scan and it says I must install the Epson event Manager software which I assume is in the drivers package rights? It also says I must select a computer. Im connected to the printer via USB, Tx Pearl

Technician's Assistant: What Epson model do you have?

WF 3720

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

Its brand new. 1st time Ive tried to scan,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope Tx.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
12/26/2017
Technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 1 month ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tx cody
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks Dont want remote help.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where do we begin?

I'll see if someone else is more knowledgeable on this printer to be able to provide you with written instructions

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cody When will I get a response form a new technician?
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 1 month ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Which version of Windows are you using on the computer?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HELLO Cody when will I get a respose form a new technician?

Installing the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package" from the following page will install the "Epson Event Manager" as well.

Drivers and Utilities Combo Package & Epson Event Manager Download: https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-2750/s/SPT_C11CF76201

On the aforementioned page, download the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package" file and open it. After you install it, you will be all set.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jason Can someone please answer my questions?

Did you read my post when I explained what needed to be done?

Installing the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package" from the following page will install the "Epson Event Manager" as well. Drivers and Utilities Combo Package & Epson Event Manager Download:https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-2750/s/SPT_C11CF76201 On the aforementioned page, download the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package" file and open it. After you install it, you will be all set.Installing the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package" from the following page will install the "Epson Event Manager" as well. Drivers and Utilities Combo Package & Epson Event Manager Download: https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-2750/s/SPT_C11CF76201 On the aforementioned page, download the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package" file and open it. After you install it, you will be all set.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have installed the whole package. Shall I try installing the events manager separately?

The event manager is installed when you install the whole package. If that was already done, then you are good to go.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just reinstalled everything and it doesnt work.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok When I use the scan function, save as PDF, its says "no computer slected"

What doesn't work? The event manager that you installed doesn't work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also get the message that I have to install event manger.

That means that you didn't install the combo package that I suggested.

Please, do as I suggested.

Install the drivers and utilities combo package from the following page: https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-2750/s/SPT_C11CF76201

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When i go to scan, save as PDf I get 2 messages. One is that I have to install event manager, and the second is that I have to select a computer to save the PDF to.

Do as I suggested, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jason I have installed the combo package twice already today. So I will do so again which will take a few minutes. So how to I ensure I dont get thrown out of here and start over?

You are asking how to ensure that you don't lose this page? Just don't close this page.

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im downloading now.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In the mean time, how do I select a computer if I want to scan to PDF. It keeps giving me this message ( I am connected to USB),

Once you download and install the file, you will not have any problems. You must wait for it to download.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Download is stuck in an endless looping. Shall I start over?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shall I start over?

Yes, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jason It wont let me download the firmware stating my printer is downgraded. So lets do this. Let me copy the URL again for the drivers you sent me and I will try tomorrow.

I am not asking you to download the Firmware.

Okay, we can continue tomorrow.

Thank you,

Jason

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It goes right to firmware.

I am looking at the page right now. It doesn't do that.

Download it from this link: https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson17171.exe

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Shall I tomorrow delete all the previous Epson downloads and start clean? all I can tell you is that the screen takes me right to firmware after I open adn run. It unzips the files, and then suddenly Im in firmware, and it tells me my printer is downgraded. So I think I should delete all the driver files and start over tomorrow. thoughts?

You may do that. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok chat tomorrow

Thank you

Jason Jones, Technician